Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I love you almost as much as writing love songs like I did when I was 15.

2 full years we've been saying goodbye I thought as I pulled in to park
And there's been nights that there's been some chick sitting with me in my car.
How long can we say goodbye before we give up and say hello?
Before I realize you're not going anywhere and stop shooting far below.

This broad is larynx deep in the this dude's chops across the lot.
As my light's shone on their faces, she knew that she'd been caught.
I remember what it was like on those nights so what could I say,
I flashed the rock and roll horns, honked and quickly drove away.

Do you remember how it was, certain nights in certain parks?
Where we didn't know what love was but would still perfect the art.
They're not the same. They aren't. They're just not fucking good enough.
If God don't mind, I'll be there or you'll be here and life won't be so rough.

No comments:

Post a Comment