Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Nothing rhymes with orange.

Though I'm not quite insane yet,
I sit in the dark and silently pet
A throw pillow on my rock solid throne
And my heart pounds for reasons unknown.

Today I walked out my front door
For the first time in too long, I'm sure.
I bought a lighter and it just burns orange,
Not the spectrum that shone when you were alight.

Too bright to see through,
That's what they used to say.
Too loud to talk over,
Still I remain silent this day.

There's nothing to be gained in the silence;
All the one-liners I bought into were lies.
Said by the overstated and pious
Too weak to scoop out their own eyes.
Too weak, Too weak, Too pathetic to speak!
Too lost in their spineless words to fight.
Not this day, Not this day,
Force is the only means to any prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment