Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Boys make up verbs for girls like you.

Do you remember those nights too?
When three miles of hell on earth
Seperated me from you,

When the pyre spread and multiplied,
The last day before my hope died?
When I lost all knowledge that I was the one,
But wasn't of wit enough to turn or run.

Do you remember the last year too?
The past nine months of hell on earth,
You should know I still do.

You showed just how alone we are
And said you couldn't be my star.
It was fine, I got by and swore
That I would find better, maybe more.

Do you remember last night too?
Did hell freeze over, under earth,
Or is it the same way to lose?

Whether it be a blue or bright red genie,
I still feel like somebody owes me.
That dime, that kiss, or that bottle of Beam.
Still, my last wish is not to dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment